There are no great things, only small things done with great LOVE. -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

St. Patrick's Day-Luck 'O the Irish or Darn Leprechauns?!























March 17th, St. Patricks Day is my birthday and last year Sammy did the funniest thing. He came down in the morning and he was wearing only his "tighty-whities" and I said ooooo I am going to pinch you, you have no green on. Well he ran out of the room (more like he fled the room). I thought he was going to grab some clothes. But no. He soon came running back in still wearing his tighty-whities but now he had on bright green sandles on too. I highly recommend laughing first thing in the morning of your birthday! Here's a wee photo minus the whities.




This year 2011, I thought is would be fun to give Sam and Dylan some chocolate gold coins in the middle of the night before St. Patrick's Day. I wanted it to look like leprechauns had left them. When I went into their room to leave the coins, I thought I had better not put these on the floor, in case our dog Harley ate them, so I decided to put them on their beds. On Dylan's bed I stacked the coins next to him. On Sam's bed he actually had his hands in a cupping shape and I filled them with the coins.




In the morning Sam came into my bathroom and I was in the shower. All I could hear him saying was, "This was NOT supposed to happen" over and over. I peeked my head out and said what? Then I got a look at him, he had melted chocolate all over him! He repeated "This was NOT supposed to happen!" all I could think to say was, "Those darn leprechauns!" I wish I had a photo, though I will never forget his shocked expression changing to a smile when he thought the darn leprechauns really got him this time. Dylan came in later and told us he woke up at 4 a.m. and had some stuff all over him so he got in the shower and slept on the floor the rest of the night! "Those darn leprechauns!" Sammy said. I had the giggles for days!




























1 comment:

  1. I love this story mom! So funny and the picture just tops it off!

    ReplyDelete